Monday, August 16, 2010

Cake Decorating Class

My daughter, Victoria, wanted to learn how to decorate cakes so we are taking a cake decorating class together. We have had the first lesson on tuesday but because of August birthdays we had to make a cake on friday, before the second class. Any way we tried it on our own, a learning experience. I have made many cakes but not by this method so we are learning new things. We baked a French Vanilla cake, froze it for a couple of hours. We iced it with a Buttercream Icing and fresh strawberries and drizzled it with milk chocolate. And voila! Now I guess we should scrap book about our cake class . . . but tomorrow is our second class so there is more to come.






Mmmm, mmmm, good!

1 comment:

Vicki said... [Reply]

WOWEEEEEE!!! What a gorgeous cake!
Well, I have some great news for you - for displaying the STI blinkie, you win my latest new release kit called 'Stars'!! Drop me an email with your email address to vicki@scrapthatidea.com and I'll send your links. Congrats!!