Tuesday, December 15, 2020

2020 1215 - Thomas' and Mike's quilts

 Thomas told me that he wanted a quilt that I made so the search was on for a good pattern. I chose a couple and asked which one he liked the best. He chose a quilt pattern called "On the Move." This is the result.

The real problem came when we realized that he couldn't come home for Christmas because of the Covid lockdown. So I made the top up and sent it to Natalie. Her mother-in-law, Deb Hardin, helped out by quilting it. They chose this backing for it and it was completed by December 1st. 


Onec I made this I realized that I had enough fabric left to make one for Mike. It helped that he said he really liked the one I made for Thomas. So on I went. I was able to quilt it on December 4th.



The binding was finished on December 15th. The minki we found for the back has glitter on it and this is what it looks like.





No comments: