Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Photographic Challenge #38 - Water

This is a fun challenge!!! Kristi and Melissa are offering us a water challenge this week! There are lots of things that can be done with this challenge. I had hoped to be able to do some fun things but it didn't rain unless it was night time and thundering and lightning, there are no kids here and I haven't had a car. So my favorite water picture comes from a trip where I could see the rain making ripples on the water. It makes such a fun pattern. It is just a dark, cloudy, rainy day in the forest.

We just got a new car so we went for a drive and I finally got my water picture for the week. It is the slew where my husband grew up on the farm.

There is a funny story that goes with this slew. Mike's two older brothers built a raft then they place him and his older sister on the raft, they were both wearing gumboots. They then pushed them out into the slew. The raft wasn't very good and started to sink when they were in the middle of the slew. The two little kid's gumboots filled up so they sank with the raft. They had to be fished out of the slew by the laughing older brothers, mischevious soles that they were. My husband must have been 5 or 6 at the time. Memories!

1 comment:

melissa deakin said... [Reply]

hi april!
i am in love with the puddle/rain drop image!
stunning.
i am so happy that you are joining kristi and me for these challenges!
have a great week!